Sunday, September 19, 2010

Reflections

What have you learnt about your eating habits?

I learnt that my eating habits are not healthy as it is high in fat and sodium content. I never knew this before and thus after learning about this, I will definitely work towards a healthier diet and lifestyle.

Do you consider your diet a healthy one? Why?

Other than the fact that my diet is high in fat and sodium content, I would consider my diet a reasonably healthy one. This is because I eat regular meals and do not snack at odd timings, which is an example of a healthy diet. However, I definitely have to work on making my diet healthier, by reducing the fat and sodium content.

Are the suggested nutritional tools helpful? How?

Yes, they are definitely helpful. The tools that I used - Food Intake Assesment, Recipe Analysis and Energy & Nutrient Composition of foods, really helped me to understand more about my diet. For example, the Food Intake Assesment helped me to understand that 3-day-diet is not really healthy, and thus I would now work towards a healthier diet. Secondly, I learnt how to analyse a recipe, which is something I had never learnt before. Lastly, I learnt about the different nutrient contents of my food, which really helped me to understand whether a certain type of food is healthy.

Why is your suggested one-dish-meal healthy?

I would consider it healthy because it is a soup dish, which makes it low in fat content. Furthermore, fresh ingredients are used - fish and vegetables, thus making the dish healthier. The way of preparation is healthy, mainly boiling. Thus, this dish is definitely a low fat, healthy, and delicious one.
I chose to suggest another dish - Fruit Salad, because I feel that to make a meal healthy, it should be balanced and thus I chose to include fruit salad, which is high in Fibre content, which will complete the meal, making it a healthier choice.

Done by: Chelsea Ng Kai Xin (4) 206

No comments:

Post a Comment